Photo
Vertigo level screenshot!

Vertigo level screenshot!

Photo
Pyro level screen

Pyro level screen

Photo
screenshot of one of our Rebel levels in Broken!

screenshot of one of our Rebel levels in Broken!

Photo
Title Screen for Broken!

Title Screen for Broken!

Text

Goals for this Week!

Goal we hope to accomplish for our final copy:

Morgan: is trying to finish the last of the sanity bar, is implementing the scoring system, and is getting leader boards placed into the game.

Kriz and Seth: are updating the old levels with the changes I created to make there be more challenge. They are also implementing the personality special mechanics.

Nick: I am play testing levels that we are not up dating so I can place them in order of difficulty. I’m also starting to work on our final documentation file for the last class. I am going to start adding in sound once all the levels are updated. I was also told by Bill to create a language of the different strategies so I can explain how to solve the levels and so we could building level with better progress and have in more formulaic.

All: We are each taking a personality and are going to add in the art assets when they come in. Kriz told us that Amanda would be giving them to us soon either today or by the start of the weekend.

Text

feed back…. broken digital prototype

So in class yesterday we showed off our prototype of broken to the class and had them start our round of play testing.

===Class Notes===

The only real thing they said besides they like the game was they want more challenging puzzles. We saw from play testing that players could just barely touch exits and they would beat level. We were also told that the red border and the dark green inner walls should be change to a grey. But some players said that they were able to move the two personalities without even think about the change which to us was very cool to hear that the movement became natural after a few puzzles.

===Bill’s Notes===

Bill said that broken had true potential.  However he wanted us to place in more constraints. He wants us to and in more fail states then the sanity bar the fire that we have planned. he also said he didn’t want us to have several ways to solve the puzzle which was the way we built the puzzle. We wanted there to be several ways but only a few best ways but he didn’t like that idea. He told us we should try to look into A* ai and other path finding ai to help create levels for broken so that there is one way to beat puzzle. He will look into it but we may not get to it this semester due to it being about 3 to 4 weeks before the finale version of this semesters version is needed to be turned in so we may just try that next semester. We plan to try and pick this project up again next semester and trying it out.

Link

This is our first digital version our small team game Broken.

Link

Seth gave to me and Kriz this morning the web build of Bunnies. I hope you enjoy our current build!

Text

This Weekend

This weekend we broke off from each other to get more work done. Seth was in charge of fixing minor bugs that we had and to get a new build of it going. Kriz was to finish up the images and art work and would then take care of the packaging. While Kriz added more art work into the game and Seth fixed bugs I started working on our design documentation. When the art and the bugs are done I am to add in more audio cues that the sound guys gave us as well as check out the new sounds they have created for us.

Photo