Photo
Vertigo level screenshot!

Vertigo level screenshot!

Photo
Pyro level screen

Pyro level screen

Text

12/06/2011

So today we are showing off our final version of broken today! it has been a interesting week. We had problems early in the week with the art and collision but kriz hammered that out in one night. Seth finished up the gui for us while Morgan got the score board and scoring system done. I got in a most the audio into the game however we weren’t given one of our personalities audio files so before next week they will pass us off the music for the rebel and I’ll place it into a rebel character prefab. I did see an interesting thing while adding in audio… the code I was using was the same script I created, from a tutorial video and forum readings I found, and when I put the script to get an end level script the audio would be skipped over. If I commented out the restart or next level code the audio played so my code worked and it is because of this I didn’t add in end level sound. I wanted our game to work and not sacrifice functionality. We are also talking about where we want to go with broken next semester with Broken!

Photo
screenshot of one of our Rebel levels in Broken!

screenshot of one of our Rebel levels in Broken!

Photo
A sample of our mime level with Amanda’s awesome artwork!

A sample of our mime level with Amanda’s awesome artwork!

Text

so….. ya…

We were told today our art work wasn’t good. I think it is good but I agreed and so did the rest of the group that some of the art assets make the levels look to busy. What sucked was we didn’t have time to send it back and get fixed because f time so we just implemented it and planned on fixing it later. It needs to be fixed for next week. We are also hoping to get more audio into the levels and hopefully we get the pyro and rebel music asset soon. These things were just issues in needing a little more time and I can honestly say if it wasn’t the week before finals we would have fixed these problems but we should have planned for more time. After that we were told we were making good progress, that they liked how we were making tons of revisions, and that it was good that we have been keeping track of play testing data and using that data to shape our game. For example our sanity bar was set to be 5 minutes long but players were getting through levels on averages between 2 and 3 minutes so we bumped the sanity bar down to 3 minutes to try and up the tension of levels.